I removed the failed flow center control. I mounted and wired up the new flow center control. I also installed a 24 volt transformer to power the control. Cycled the system in forced air and hydronic heat modes. The geo system is operating properly. The heat of extraction is 28800 btus. This is cover under warranty.
I assessed the new boiler. I adjusted the boiler setpoint to 190. Also set the pump to itâ€™s 3rd ramp rate to increase flow. I checked the thermostats. Found the porch thermostat was set at 68. I set it to 60. Also found the heater in the porch has a fan in it. I turned the fan on low. I checked for cold air infiltration with an infrared camera. Found some windows and doors have cold air infiltrating. The vents for the air conditioner is having cold air draft through them. We recorded the vent sizes and will order metal vents so Al can put the magnetic covers on them. Sam will call Al to let him know when he can pick them up. I also recommend setting the thermostats at a constant temperature. Al will try out these adjustments and let us know if there is still an issue.
Looked over the boiler system. Boiler opperating safely at this time. Noticed valves and drains leaking. Tightened up the packing nuts on the valves to stop the leaking. Piping could be re-done to make the system opperate more efficiently. Took measurement in the house for amount of baseboard. He is Intrested in updating the boiler. Boiler is 26 to 28 years old.