Michael came, did his work and left. Answered my questions. Was polite and professional.
I arrived on site and spoke brad and he stated they were getting a strong smell from the duct work. The smelling was like mold and damp is what Brad stated. I got on the roof and inspected the unit and I didnâ€™t find any water inside the unit or a smell inside the unit. After a couple minutes I did smell what brad was talking about but I was not able to pin point where the smell was coming from. But it was not from the rtu.
Assisted in cpma as well as changing of filters and checking of exhaust fans. Systems are operating within factory specifications at this time.
Performed the preventive maintenance for the heating season. I checked the amp draw of the blower motor and inducer motor, I made sure that the blower wheel and belt were in good working condition, I took readings of the capacitor to make sure that it was within the manufacturer's recommended tolerance, I looked over the heat exchanger to make sure there were no cracks or holes, I took a temperature split reading and I changed the filters.
Replaced the Maxitrol amplifier in the South Ruup air make up. Verified the operation after repairs. Part was warrantied by the manufacture. Customer is responsible for the labor. Also set the timers in the control panels for the four units to unoccuppied while on site per the customers request.
Checked the South Ruup air makeup for the warehouse for burner cycling from high to low fire. Checked the discharge air sensor and gas valve. Found both operating normal. Found the amplifier for the modulating burner failed. Quoted the repairs per the customers request.
Upon arrival I spoke with Pete he stated the mua unit was showing a code and not heating. After some diagnostics I found the high limit tripped, I reset the limit and it began to heat but I noticed it was â€œhuntingâ€. The unit was switching between high and low fire. Customer did not want to pay for further diagnostics.
Made repairs to the South Trane Rtu. Replaced the inducer assembly due to worn and noisey bearings. Replaced the damaged thermostat. Verified operation after repairs. Repairs were approved by Glenda W.
Checked the two Trane Rtus for no heat. Found the thermostat set at 63 deg on the North unit. Programmed the thermostat to 69 deg per the customers request. Found the unit heating normal after setting the thermostat. Found the South unit not heating due to a failed ignitor. Replaced the ignitor. Found the unit heating normal after repairs. Secured the thermostat to the subbase and set the program to match the other stat.
Performed CPMA Changed all filters checked all electrical and mechanical functions no issues at this Time
Performed the full preventative maintenance today on all 4 muaâ€™s. All 4 muaâ€™s are operating properly at this time. One mua was displaying a low discharge temp code. I reset the unit it fired up and has been running for 1 hour now with no issues. Iâ€™m not sure what caused the problem but the unit is operating properly at this time.
Found filters were the problem no charge at this time updated filter list
Performed full maintenance today. Washed coils, and replaced filters. All units electrical completed were tested, and tested within factory specs. All units are operating properly at this time. The air handler above the ceiling that was leaking water over the past weekend will still need further diagnostics to see why itâ€™s filling the emergency drain pan.
Upon arrival found overflow pan full emptied and blew out drain line which was clear told customer we would return to morrow closer to closing time to investigate further call is warranty as we blew out the line 1 month earlier.
Checked the 15 ton Trane Reliatel Rtu for the space for too warm during high outdoor temps. Checked the operation of the unit at the roof and found both stages and the economizer operating normal. Checked the room thermostat configeration and found the stat setup for single stage operation causing the unit to operate at 50% capacity. Configured the stat to match the system after downloading and printing the thermostat manual. Verified operation after repairs. Left the manual with the customer for future reference.
Trane AC unit#3 supplying the main entry not cooling. Found the thermostat was failed, not sending 24V on the Y-cooling terminal. Thermostat has been replaced. Unit is now communicating the correct voltage and cooling properly at this time.