I called LBA because we have an older unit and I knew I could trust them. The fix was simple and performed quickly. Glad I didn't have to replace the entire unit yet, but when it comes time to replace, will definitely call LBA back out.
The service people were very nice, proficient and courteous.
Service was performed in a timely fashion and I was made aware of what steps of the process was being done. Any questions I had about HVAC not even related to the current service was answered.
I performed the full preventative maintenance today. I replaced the filters, also checked the heat exchanger, capacitor, flame signal, amp draws, and contactor. The unit is operating properly at this time.
Checked all operations in the heating mode. Performed a combustion analysis on furnace. Examined heat exchanger. Cleaned all safety sensors. Equipment is operating within factory specifications. Furnace filter was OK at this time. Drain lines were OK at this time for hvac system. Re-insulated outdoor refrigeration lines. Repaired garbage disposal to allow garbage disposal to operate under factory specifications. Systems are now operating properly.
Installed (1) 4 ton Carrier rooftop unit. This installation included the following: â— (1) 4 ton Carrier roof top unit. â— Disposal of old unit. â— Hail Guard. â— Disconnect. â— Economizer. â— Thermostat. â— All electrical, gas, condensate tie ins. â— Start up and commissioning. â— (1) year labor and material warranty.
Checked all operations in the heating mode. System has taking Water that couldâ€™ve caused premature damage to the unit. Equipment was operating within factory specifications at this time so itâ€™s possible that no damage was done but there is a water line that was high enough to where the water was inside the furnace. Cleaned all safety systems and tested all operations.
I inspected the rooftop unit in cooling and heating mode. I found the system unsafe to operate due to a very large crack in the heat exchanger. The power is turned off to the unit for safety. I have left a quote for repair. But due to age of the system we will be leaving. A quote for replacement.
Cleared debris from inducer motor housing on unit #7 & reset board configuration on unit 1 on roof. Systems are online and operating within factory specifications at this time.
Installed battery back up sump pump, whole house dehumidifier.
***VEC failed*** ***Air movement system fault motor shaft has side to side movement*** I performed a safety and maintenance inspection on the furnace. During my inspection I discovered a couple of different faults. First fault was the voltage enhancement component tested outside of the manufacturers tolerances which tells me that it is near failure. The second fault was within the air movement system. The motor bearings are failing which allows the motor shaft to have side to side movement. If repairs are not made, either component failing would lead to a no heat situation and could also possibly cause damage to the heat exchanger due to overheating. I presented repair options to the customer and at their request I will attach quotes for repairs so they may go over them with their spouse. I also spoke to the customer about our P3 membership but again the customer would like to speak with their spouse before making decision. After completing my inspection and going over my findings wit
Arrived to find that the condensate trap was plugged in causing water to overflow from the condensate pan. The condensate trap was plugged. This was caused by excess oil on the evaporator coil from the manufacture when they make the coil. I flushed the drain line and the drain is now flowing properly. I also checked refrigerant level and it is within factory specifications. The system is operating properly at this time.
Found water for irrigation Will be tested tomorrow Tested backflow device all passed
We were called about a backflow test. I opened pit to access backflow and preform test. No water to backflow has been disconnected. They do not have a functioning irrigation system
Checked all operation in the cooling mode. Checked all electrical components on the outdoor unit. Spoke with customer about extensive coil cleaning which customer wanted to do so at this time. Replaced furnace filter. System is operating within factory specifications at this time.
I have replaced the blower belt and tensioned it properlu on rtu-1 at this time. Also while performing this I checked what was believed to be a low temperature split and that the unit was low on charge out per Zach's request on this quote. Upon investigation I found that the location of my temperature probe was not picking up accurate information and I also found that the economizer was open slightly to far causing a high return. I have adjusted this at this time and found the unit running properly with a 20Â° cooling split.
Performed preventative maintenance per agreement. Washed coils, changed filters, and checked operation and components on 1 Lennox 5 ton rtu. I found that the blower belt for rtu-1 was in poor shape at this time.
Customer is waiting till October to buy and thatâ€™s if his credit score jumps he says . He is in no hurry because there is nothing he can do anyway. He was already denied by Anthony. Heâ€™s having multiple companies come out anyway just to see prices. I told him pricing changes from now to then.